April 16, 2024, 08:46:34 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sneaker build advices  (Read 4549 times)

emestee

• View Profile
Sneaker build advices
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:35:31 am »
Hello , im new player (about 10 days played in reloaded  yet)
im looking for a sneaker build
currently i ve seen few types of sneaker builds i would like to know the pros and cons of any of it :
1. BG sneaker with crits for lsw
2. SMall guns sneaker with smg 's like p90
3. Solar scorcher crits sneaker
im currently at lvl 69 
i ve attached 1 build that would might work for bg 

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Sneaker build advices
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »
The best build I found that worked the most efficiently for me as a mid level sneaker like that was the .223 eyeshot sneaker build, I can't remember specifics, but it is a basic sniper kind of build, trading out certain aspects to suit sneaking with a 223 pistol.

I run a solar scorcher eyeshot sneaker build now, but solar scorchers in general are not easy loot to acquire in large doses, and when combined with a motion sensor, make one of the most expensive and squishiest build combinations of all time.

The biggest difference and the reason I find it so hard to go back to a .223 build, is the minimum damage, in some cases you fail to crit and end up dealing like 10 damage with a .223, where for a scorcher that will never go below 50 or somesuch.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »
The build you posted will work for LSW crit sneaker. What I'd do different is remove the man of steel perk, as a sneaker you almost never benefit from this and you will most times die in 2 bursts anyway if you are shot. Take something else such as Sharpshooter, Silent Death or MRD - whatever your preference. Also tag small guns as you will need something you can hold in your hand while sneaked to counter enemy sneaks (Grenade Pistol).

If you plan to level 100+ then go for a solar sneak, as Blarney said, they are hard to accumulate in large amounts but worst case scenario you can just LSW. 
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

emestee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:49:35 pm »
LSW gives -150 to sneak same as ave ?

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 08:11:45 pm »
Yes all BG gives a huge penalty to sneak and hence your visibility so the BG must be kept in your inv until you are in a good position to shoot. This is also why a second weapon skill is recommended since you can't sneak and carry BG, so if you run into say, a grenade sneak you won't have time to take this out before you are dead.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 08:26:09 pm »
Also tag small guns as you will need something you can hold in your hand while sneaked to counter enemy sneaks (Grenade Pistol).

This really can't be done for a solar sneaker, you need to tag bg to get it to 200, and energy weapons and sneak. You can boost throw to 100 or so after your main points have been reached though.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:29:03 pm »
A .223 sneak sniper build can also utilise sniper rifles in the same way as an lsw, and can much more easily go for alt weapons like nade pistol and throwing.

.223 is not as reliable damage wise, but it is a great weapon to train in sneaking, as it is much easier than most to aquire, and buffed ones are comparable to solars in their own way.

My .223 build could reach 15 ap when fully buffed with awesome items, that means 3 eyeshots in a second or so, then running to sneak or finishing off, great for hit and run.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:30:51 pm by Blarney »

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:55 pm »
Also tag small guns as you will need something you can hold in your hand while sneaked to counter enemy sneaks (Grenade Pistol).

This really can't be done for a solar sneaker, you need to tag bg to get it to 200, and energy weapons and sneak. You can boost throw to 100 or so after your main points have been reached though.

I wasn't suggesting it for solar sneak, just as an addition to his BG build.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »
I wasn't suggesting it for solar sneak, just as an addition to his BG build.

Oh I misread. oops :)

I just generally wouldn't recommend starting out with a sneak build that requires inventory shenanigans to function, the sneak mechanics and gameplay can be annoying enough to master without it.

Your advice has been 100% though, all good points that I agree with as a sneaker. Particularly about the two shot thing, the perfect threshold is something like 210, but as a 190 sneaker with no tank perks in leath mk2, theres only a few things that can oneshot me at a distance, and that is all that matters sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:47:37 pm by Blarney »

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 08:09:43 am »

I just generally wouldn't recommend starting out with a sneak build that requires inventory shenanigans to function, the sneak mechanics and gameplay can be annoying enough to master without it.

I would normally say the same but the OP has clearly put a lot of thought into it so he might as well take it all the way.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:11:36 am by Rinzler »

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 02:17:59 pm »
3 brd
Take out both life giver and the man of steel
Max damage and crits