April 25, 2024, 01:19:18 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: PVE server more like PVP server with safe zones  (Read 13105 times)

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: PVE server more like PVP server with safe zones
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:03 am »
That happens to be exactly how it would be, the creatures that lie in the shadows or that patrol the deserts aren't what you have to fear. It is the other players!
Yep, pretty much the real post-apocaliptic feeling, when another person can be a threat or (unlikely) a help to you.

Doesn't make newcomers to stay in hundreds though. Not enough masochists I'm afraid. Or power armors for anyone that asks, so he can win the game.

Jack Tanner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 12:26:52 pm »
If you really want to play a server that has a good amount of PvE content, then by all means check out FOnline TLA MK2. If you want a server to become more PvE oriented, such as Reloaded, then begin to minus the complaints you have in the game and start creating something that can be implemented to solve it!

I knew how it was before on Russian wasn't impressed, maybe I will check it out again after Fonline reloaded gets a wipe...
Generally I heard a lot of player saying that reloaded is the best there is so for now I'll stick around here since I wouldn't like to leave my char and all the progress so far... and I know hot to survive in Fonline...

I'm not against PVP, I played it a  lot in other games, just in here there is looting and backstabbing anywhere lol ... not a real PVP except maybe if some factions fight each other on northern towns...

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »
What we really need to be discussing is how to draw 10,000+ players to reloaded at the same time.  New or otherwise.

The game would be incredible! even as is.  The mid tier content, and the little things we all gripe about or try to change all the time, matter much much less, then if we could push a large playerbase.

Some will say the playerbase isn't there because of the "game dynamics",  there is some light truth to that, but there is still a steady flow of people who join reloaded new all the time, learning about it on backwater youtube videos etc. 

We need to open the tap to new people somehow.  Player volume and interaction IS the best part of game.

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »
There is a lot of people especially Fallout Tactics people who would jump at the chance to play Reloaded but they simply do not know about it.

If I could have accessed my old MSN account I am pretty sure I could have reached out to a whole load of people.. Plus if GameSpy Arcade was still up and running I could have change the Lobby messages pointing people to here..

I also don't think it helps having multiple servers going.. because for such a old game the player base is always going to be small.. and they are spread across Reloaded, FO2, TLA etc..
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 06:40:49 pm »
Lets band the reloaded community together and find ways to nuke the other servers.  Khan Raiders Attack!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I like what you are suggesting Bison.  Perhaps we need to raid the following places with Reloaded propaganda?
-Fallout based Steam Groups
-Fallout fan sites
-Use Game Ranger and setup a reloaded chatroom with links
-Donald Trump Twitter account for hits

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 07:26:12 pm »
We've had these discussions already numerous times. Attracting players is not a big deal at all. Making them to stay for more than three days - well, that's an unbeatable challenge so far.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 08:34:10 pm »

Is this you? hehehe

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 09:54:40 am »
You must have played Fo1/2 long ago. Random encounters were VERY harsh and plenty in those games. Loading up saves because you got slaughtered was normal.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »
Mud Crab - that's true.

But the secret was the smash the A key as fast as possible as soon as you saw the lightning bolt for encounter. It would allow you to start the encounter on your turn - and in some cases get two turns.

Jack Tanner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 05:53:26 pm »
You must have played Fo1/2 long ago. Random encounters were VERY harsh and plenty in those games. Loading up saves because you got slaughtered was normal.

Long ago true, up and over with millions of chars, but not so harsh, last time I played it I used only combat leather jacket and magnum 44 FMJ... the only obstacle at endgame was the enclave...

In here you go to gun runners and while you shop one player stirs up trouble so you get hit for 350 damage and his friend laughs at your face and picks up all your loot like 15 laser rifles and 2000MFC that you were planing to barter...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 11:02:29 pm »
The butthurt is strong in this community. FOnline Reloaded is a hardcore MMORPG. It won't ever get "dumbed down". If you can't handle the heat, go play another game.

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:02 pm »
The butthurt is strong in this community. FOnline Reloaded is a hardcore MMORPG. It won't ever get "dumbed down". If you can't handle the heat, go play another game.

damn right.

Oni das Alagoas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 04:59:42 pm »
We've had these discussions already numerous times. Attracting players is not a big deal at all. Making them to stay for more than three days - well, that's an unbeatable challenge so far.
Because you can do almost everything this game offers in 3 days.
Some people get bored, and when you are killed 1/10 encounters by 290 hp players with minigun, you won't get satisfied.
So many ppl complain about this, and everytime people start joking about their thread.
You guys have to understand that this guys that complain are 80% of the new players.
They wish to explore the world map, they wish to have goodlooking armor that differs than from other players, they want to do roleplaying quests, they want safety when farming centaurs and floaters, etc.

If you guys joke about everysingle pve thread about there, and don't take it serious. You don't have the right to complain about the lack of players.

This is the most successful fallout online game. It could accomplish so much. How many different armors, weapons, etc we have in the fallout world?!

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 08:22:29 pm »
I know and understand all this, I think I'm the last person that needs any elaborating on the subject. I've been around long enough and tried my bit to keep as many newcomers playing as possible. Yet I cannot force them to do so if the idea of multiplayer Fallout was what attracted them in the first place and then they've got hit in the face with a real picture of it. Some oldfags like me stay with FOnline This or FOnline That for ages, but it's like shagging your own sister, same shit different day, no fresh blood coming.
Advertising, spamming and spreading the news won't do the trick if there's almost nothing to do apart from gangbang or being gangbanged every now and then. Juicy goodies for loners or small bunches, multiple reasons to stay and play, various ways of achieving something and various achievements to make. Not yet another PvP arena, not "endgame content" for just a few bored blokes interested in dick swinging competition. These are not long term solutions, especially for people not interested/focused on PvP or not reaching "endgame" stage in months.
But who am I to tell anyone how to make a game.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 09:16:34 pm »
Fonline is not the game to end all games.

I dont understand why people expect gamers are going to stay here forever or even a medium amount of time.  That is reserved for only the select few who absolutely love it.

I mean how many other games do you play forever?  not many...

This game also competes with every other form of electronic media and entertainment in the world. So it's no wonder people find other interests.

Best to put the focus on bringing in more and more new people,  there are many fallout fans unaware of the game and action would inspire veterans to have short returns anyways.