March 29, 2024, 11:42:11 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: More pvp zones  (Read 5227 times)

General Killer

• Time to die!
    • View Profile
More pvp zones
« on: August 08, 2016, 05:55:25 am »
I think you should add more pvp zones like make  depot that is in habbited by renegades or something just to mix it up a bit or implement Ghost Town permantly.
Young Killers=Death,Pain,Misery

surrender and will kill you fast we promise.

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
Re: More pvp zones
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:10 am »
Should probably add a list of ideas or concepts maybe even a few maps.
But generally +1 for me

General Killer

• Time to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »
If they want a map ive got plenty of protos for the abandoned depot

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:44:29 pm »
I'm in the process of creating/adding some new PvP Zones actually :) Kind of getting obsessed with the idea... It's actually really freakin' easy to add public dungeons and what not. I just need maps. But 100% completed maps that I don't have to test or fix myself lol.

General Killer

• Time to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 06:33:09 am »
Even though im making my own server im gonna keep playing reloaded i cant wait till the 3rd season ive got some i might could send you

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:56 pm »
When will we see anything for this server Killer?
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

General Killer

• Time to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:29:39 pm »
Should be soon zek ;) we've ran into some technical difficulties biggest problem at the moment is our guy who knew angelscript got bored and decided he'd quit leaving us kinda fucked right now then im personally trying to work on maps but the damned reloaded mapper wont let me use the control panel my cursor for some reason cant reach the damned thing. Another problem is we cant seem to make locations show on the world map weve tried fixing visibilty adding flags but we dont have a clue ill be in khan teamspeak tomorrow probably ill share more then.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 05:57:03 am »
Should be soon zek ;) we've ran into some technical difficulties biggest problem at the moment is our guy who knew angelscript got bored and decided he'd quit leaving us kinda fucked right now then im personally trying to work on maps but the damned reloaded mapper wont let me use the control panel my cursor for some reason cant reach the damned thing. Another problem is we cant seem to make locations show on the world map weve tried fixing visibilty adding flags but we dont have a clue ill be in khan teamspeak tomorrow probably ill share more then.
Yeah hop on into the TeamSpeak tomorrow and I can assist you with most of the map related problems you have; the only problem is that I am currently on holiday abroad so there will be a hard time getting in contact. However, for your problem with how to show locations on world map, I recommend that you check out this tutorial created by Slowhand which details on how to do this:

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9735.msg79541#msg79541

3. Adding new locations to the world, using the World editor.

This isn't hard as well, but here u can mess things up pretty easy if you click around while experimenting.
  • First things first, before you forget, delete the world save files. I always forget this and launch the server two times bc of this.
  • Launch Mapper and open a map to copy from, I used: tent_mountain (Type in console: "~tent_mountain")
  • Add a new robot NPC (critters->others->Robobrain)
  • Save the map: "^tut_map1"
  • Go to the Server\Maps forlder, you should have a new map file here named: tut_map1.fomap

Now, time to place this map on the world.
  • Launch the World editor located in the Tools folder. (You might need to get .NET framework v4, this is a freely downloadable framework for Windows, don't be affraid of it, programs written in C# use it. Most Windows Service  Packs have it, so you probably won't have to dl it.)
  • Add the new map:
    • Press Ctrl+M (or in the menu Tools->Mapdata Editor) and Add New Map
    • Name your nap: Tutorial1
    • Press Assign Free PID (but the default 128 should be free as well)
    • Browse the map file recently made (..\Server\Maps\tut_map1.fomap)
    • Save.
  • Add the new location:
    • Press Ctrl+L (or in the menu Tools->Location Editor) and Add New Location
    • Name the location: Tut_Loc1
    • Assign a free PID. (Default 90 should work fine as well)
    • Set size to 6. (24 is a town size green cirle, 6 or 8 should be small enough)
    • Set max players to 0. (In case you leave it at 1, and you test it later with multiple chars, they won't be able to enter until the one inside leaves.)
    • Set description ("A strange robot in the middle of the wastes")
    • Set visibilty: Check Visible.
    • Add Map: Sort by PID, scroll to 128 and select the recently made map, Tutorial1.
    • Save and exit Location Editor.
  • Set the location on world map:
    • Press Ctrl+A (menu Worldmap->Add Location)
    • Sort by PID, scroll to 90 and find your recently added location named Tut_Loc1
    • Add this location. Now you can place your location on the map, place it near the spawning point for easier testing.
    • Check what you done, by searching the map in World Editor near Hub, your new location should appear.
    • Save the world map, press Ctrl+S (menu: File -> Save) and exit World Editor.
Test what you have done. Make sure you delete the World saves, start server, launch client and with a new char you should see the new tutorial location nearby.

Make sure to follow it exactly, otherwise problems can arise. Hope it helps, and PM if you need any more assistance with knowledge on the mapper. :) Hope to see some pics of this new server of yours soon, or any information.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 01:42:23 am »
New PvP zones have been added to Season 3's Worldmap!

Here's how you do it.

Step 1) Create a map
Step 2) Open World Editor
Step 3) Add the MapData
Step 4) Add the LocationData (Flags = IsPublic) (Visible = Yes) (Add Map to Location)
Step 5) Add Location to Worldmap
Step 6) Save
Step 7) Delete all WorldSave files in Server/Saves (You can keep clients)
Step 8) Run Server!
Step 9) Find the Location!

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 11:12:24 am »
originaly wanted to make a own thread for this but whatever, i'll just post it here...
i would like to see more encouragement for TB pvp, i had two things in mind:
"TB TC" a location that is allways set to turn based, ofc needs a warning if combat is going on before you spawn in. factions can take these locations just like the northern towns, though maybe there should be some sort of objective other than stand there for about 10 minutes so the defenders don't drag out their turns. you could fight over control of things like trading routes, supply lines, caravan outposts, etc.

"TB Airdrops" comparable to the shiny boxes falling from the sky in various FPS pvp survival games. show up on wm in random locations. preferably on land, unless there will be boats  :P, visible for everybody within a radius of several zones (5-10?), could also give a server message, allways set to turn based, no warning needed, you should be expecting a fight anyways. inside you could see a shadown on the ground and maybe a timer, eventually the box spawns in, if somebody can be bothered an animation would be sweet, i imagine the box parachuting down and as it lands the parachute covers it up partially. then it's just a question of fighting your way towards the locker and making it out with the loot. imagine 3 or more teams fighting over it, one team camping inside, 2 more waiting on wm with sneakers relaying info, as the box appears 1 team spawns in and kills whoever grabbed the loot so now everybody is fighting over that corpse. this keeps repeating as people regear and the loot slowly wanders towards the exit grid untill somebody can finally take it out. or both teams just get wiped and it's done in 10 minutes, who knows  ::)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 12:02:32 pm »
originaly wanted to make a own thread for this but whatever, i'll just post it here...
"TB TC" a location that is allways set to turn based, ofc needs a warning if combat is going on before you spawn in. factions can take these locations just like the northern towns, though maybe there should be some sort of objective other than stand there for about 10 minutes so the defenders don't drag out their turns. you could fight over control of things like trading routes, supply lines, caravan outposts, etc.

"TB Airdrops" comparable to the shiny boxes falling from the sky in various FPS pvp survival games. show up on wm in random locations. preferably on land, unless there will be boats  :P, visible for everybody within a radius of several zones (5-10?), could also give a server message, allways set to turn based, no warning needed, you should be expecting a fight anyways. inside you could see a shadown on the ground and maybe a timer, eventually the box spawns in, if somebody can be bothered an animation would be sweet, i imagine the box parachuting down and as it lands the parachute covers it up partially. then it's just a question of fighting your way towards the locker and making it out with the loot. imagine 3 or more teams fighting over it, one team camping inside, 2 more waiting on wm with sneakers relaying info, as the box appears 1 team spawns in and kills whoever grabbed the loot so now everybody is fighting over that corpse. this keeps repeating as people regear and the loot slowly wanders towards the exit grid untill somebody can finally take it out. or both teams just get wiped and it's done in 10 minutes, who knows  ::)

Would be sweet, but TB is slow. You'd end up having to wait 10 minutes for your turn.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 12:19:02 pm »

TC team based  type of PvP. Requires way to much movement of whole group. Teasing, pulling back, pushing forward, taking cover, focusing fire, etc. etc. one troll hidden on map with handful of grenades would keep TB active, as well as stretch the turns for eternity, so attacking team would not be able to properly position them selves, and at the top of that, even in 6v6 fights you would wait approx. 25-45 minutes for your turn.

I mean if you want something like this I am not against it, but I am afraid non of now existing teams would go there except for khans.

Peace

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 01:14:04 pm »
I think you should add more pvp zones like make

probably more pvp zones = less pvp

Would be sweet, but TB is slow. You'd end up having to wait 10 minutes for your turn.

as the decision, players from one team can go at the same turn

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 01:44:59 pm »
probably more pvp zones = less pvp
that's a good point, it all depends on how many players will play post wipe

as the decision, players from one team can go at the same turn
didn't fallout tactics have something like that where all teammates would have their turn at the same time? could feel like RT without AP regen and AP cost for moving for the team who's turn it is. a factions sequence could be added up and then divided by how many members are present in the zone, then factionless players have their turns after all factions based on their individual sequence?

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 03:56:34 pm »
just look on aop 40 corezones with 0 players , they cant even get 40 payers to have one map for every player bahahaha ... more maps doesnt mean better gameplay! in end its always about the real content ... better add less locations with more things to do in them = quality instead of aop example quantity with zero content in these zones. if u are interested i can help u with ideas...