April 24, 2024, 06:42:04 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Make Caravan encounters show up like flares on WM  (Read 5321 times)

Einherjar

Re: Make Caravan encounters show up like flares on WM
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 05:20:43 pm »
And here will be different, right? :D

Clearly you have no idea what's going on. Stop embarrassing yourself and call it a day.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 09:14:56 am »
Yes, I was playing and I think it's not important who was a leader.
Car are used rarely, bluesuits are more common than cars in TC (guys like lash and noobs)

No, there's no mix of pve and pvp at once, you kill militia at first and than fight players.
Another think you are playing on caravans on random maps, not like in TC when you have time to prepare your tactics cause opponents team is camping in one place.
Maybe I wasnt playing under great leaders in your opinion, but at least Im not blind and I clearly see damn differences.
GUN FOR HIRE

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 11:29:31 am »
Good idea, but take it further: every gun fired without a silencer, puts a dot on the map, that can be seen in the surrounding hexes for some of time. Would make the unused small guns usefull with silencer attachment, maybe melee weapons too. Probably easier to implement than the caravans...

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 04:06:02 pm »
Good idea, but take it further: every gun fired without a silencer, puts a dot on the map, that can be seen in the surrounding hexes for some of time. Would make the unused small guns usefull with silencer attachment, maybe melee weapons too. Probably easier to implement than the caravans...

Realistic and might works but ihmo too annoying for casuals and non-PvP players. I know, know, know this is mmo but we all know most of people scary seeing others in the wasteland. But silencer as additional component for weapons is +1.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 09:53:34 pm »
Realistic and might works but ihmo too annoying for casuals and non-PvP players. I know, know, know this is mmo but we all know most of people scary seeing others in the wasteland. But silencer as additional component for weapons is +1.

Well, yeah, even if you use silencer or melee weapons, the mobs might give out your position... however, another fun factor could be, that randomly that could also trigger other NPC's to arrive, other raiders, or if you are near a town with a faction, a patrol stumbles into you and helps/kills you.

This game needs factions/alignment, as killing a player in a friendly/starter zone, should have server consequences, and safe towns are available for peacefull people and ofc newbies. Only PVP towns and vendors would be available for player killers (outlaws).

Game shall depend on alts less, like crafting shall give no XP and to raise crafting skills, an amount of crafts shall be done instead of spend skillpoints on specific skills.

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 08:18:34 am »
i like your ideas slowhand, just doesn't seem to be the direction ppl wanna take this game  :'(