April 26, 2024, 10:06:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Weekly Charge #5  (Read 3535 times)

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
The Weekly Charge #5
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:41:06 am »
The Weekly Charge
Delivering a jolt, every Sunday

Issue #5
Editor: Lash

The News
Hey, what's going on?

Social Warriors Sign Off
By The Weekly Charge
On Tuesday, Awgy announced the Social Warriors' retirement from PvP as a team.

Hub resident Psycho Girl had the following to say: "Despite this announcement, I don't believe any of their members will stop PvP. I consider they'll join UFAV totally - all who left.  As for Awgan, he might come back from AoP but he can also stay there. Everyone knows the SWs were dead long ago. The announcement is just a declaration, same as death certificate."

In solidarity with our sponsors, Neutron Defenders have also retired as a faction. Yr editor has joined the OGG and will continue the good fight. Make hub great again - give a noob a gun.

Ashes of Phoenix Wiped
By The Weekly Charge
Ashes of Phoenix development has completed, culminating in a complete server database reset. Combat in AoP is entirely in real time, with low maximum HPs and no player-creatable factions. Despite this, the six pre-set factions have several splinter organizations and has forced Social Warriors present into an uneasy alliance with The Khans.

Hullo, I'm uh, Master Thief?
By The Weekly Charge
About one month ago, a member of the OGG hunting party returned from a hard-fought battle to find two of the new recruits helping themselves to sets of armor and fistfuls of caps. The two thieves scurried off, but returned to fill their pockets again and remove their tags. One of the thieves was named Wardlow... the other, now forgotten to time.

A brief check of the lockers revealed the duo had pocketed 300,000 caps and about eight sets of armor  - devestating if stolen from a low level player, but within the capability of a solo player to earn in a single day. Loading their gear into a car, these Thelma and Louise imitators set off with their booty and broken builds.

When they showed up at hub and taunted OGG, OGG retaliated by placing a bounty (which is still unclaimed) on them. The duo continued to antagonize OGG members. And what had prompted this?

"Wardlow didn't like taking commands." Hayley Williams told our reporter. "Wouldn't shut up or stop teamkilling. I told him [and the other guy] to stop or I'd KOS. Next thing you know, he's in hub shouting WATCH YOUR TONE. And then that happened."

Wardlow confirmed the details of it under his alt-account, Matthieu. "So i was recruited by the pain gang by Rebel himself. Another recruit and I were cussing each other. And Hayley went to bat for him. [Hayley] says if I dont shut it she will KOS me
. So I says 'Well he's doing the same, what about him?' She says 'Regardless, shut it or imma KOS ya
'. I replied with a stern  'That's bullshit, Hayley.' She says 'OK, fucker. Active KOS.' So to be honest, I went to the base terminal
, logged myself out and helped myself to a few hundred thousand caps and a shit load of weapons 'n armor."

Neither Wardlow, nor his brother, have been seen in-game since.

OGG Celebrate 1 Week of Town Captures
By The Weekly Staff
For the past week, Outta Gum Gang forces have been capturing towns in competition with UFAV and UV. Their campaign has been punctuated with TB victories over what remains of The Khans. As of time of writing, OGG holds three towns.

OGG spokesman The Batter told reporters: "We're taking our rightful place as a top-tier faction. This is only the beginning."

Neighbourhood Rumors
Total lies? Or the awful truth?

Sources say the Social Warriors have disbanded after a certain somebody sold the hardware the teamspeak server had been hosted on. We tried to find a Social Warrior to confirm this, but were unable to.

News nobody ever wanted to ask for, but got anyway. Mantis loves anal stimulation that only a penis can provide.

Developer cubik2k was banned by Kilgore for staging The Cell Games on unsuspecting players. But Kilgore has not reverted the slag buffs...

Tips & Tricks

Let's Talk About Builds
By Lash
Tanks:
Leveling Tank (1)
Hand to Hand Tank (60)
Full Tank (60)
EW Tank (70)
Sneakers:
EW Sniper (90)
Sniper (90)
Traps Sneaker (90)
Renegades:
Cowboy (15)
Critburster (80)
Pyro (80)/td]
Of all the builds to start with, we recommend the Leveling Tank. Extremely fast to level up, it's core characteristics (ST 5/PE 6/EN 10/CH 1/IN 6/AG 9/LK 3, Chem Reliant, Loner, SG, BG, FA) provide decent HP and protection against mobs. While not optimized for PvP, a Leveling Tank can hold their own in a gunfight. Thanks to Loner and early access to Swift Learner, it is the most fun class for a scrub to play.

The most deadly classes, in my experience, are the ones you don't see coming. The Pyro's habit of two-burst killing a tank makes it great for RT and TC in particular. The Cowboy focuses on spamming fast critical shots to the tune of 4-5 a turn. Bloody annoying in turn based, but not RT practical. That's where The Sniper comes in. With a high base chance to 1-shot a tank (33%), The Sniper is the ultimate foe in both RT and TB.

Tanks are superb for the Gun Runner/Super Mutant quest, with their high HP and high damage output.

Choose wisely when creating a character.... otherwise you'll need to reroll. And that's 10k caps a scrub can't afford to spend.

Life & Entertainment

Crossword

ACROSS

3    most powerful big gun    
     6    best melter weapon    
     8    best shotgun ammo    
     10    you can find these in TC towns    
     12    most powerful TB weapon    
     13    banned by UFAV for slashfic    

DOWN

1    vertibird crash site    
     2    this blueprint costs 100,000 caps    
     4    floor of Glow with magic locker   
     5    highly effective against super mutants    
     7    midget at broken hills is a    
     9    this encounter has a bozar    
     11    this combat armor has high energy resistance    

Around Town
Things of interest

The Map Contest just wrapped up, with submissions by Zekromo and Jarod. Their encounter maps will be part of the next Reloaded session. Tutorials for map creation should be linked somewhere in the thread there if you want to delve into how the game works.

Banned this week: General D Oliver (CCM), General Skinner (CCM), Hayley Williams (UV), DeraLol (UV), IceCube (UV), PrebaLol (UV). Players should remember that the caravan is a Team event and that team-killing is expressly forbidden. Stick to raiding it instead via random encounter, which is not bannable.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:42:44 am by lash »

Jish the small

Re: The Weekly Charge #5
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:33:36 am »
<00:36:05> "Daegon [OGG]": Even when you take it over
<00:36:08> "Daegon [OGG]": We will get it again
<00:36:09> "Daegon [OGG]": Lmao
<00:36:12> "GO TC PLS- we wont loot": come fight for it
<00:36:13> "GO TC PLS- we wont loot": lmao
<00:36:19> "Daegon [OGG]": No point
<00:36:29> "GO TC PLS- we wont loot": whys that
<00:36:38> "Daegon [OGG]": Because we can take it over any time
<00:36:42> "Daegon [OGG]": You just have this one opportunity

<00:36:12> "GO TC PLS- we wont loot": come fight for it
<00:36:13> "GO TC PLS- we wont loot": lmao

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 09:29:26 am »
Jish be my lawyer
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:02:44 am »
Most powerful big gun is Vindicator.

PS - Sniper's don't have 33% to 1-shot a tank  :facepalm Where do you get your info?

yungchance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:06:53 am »
>2016
>using homosexuality lowkey as an insult
Nice lowbrow humor. What do I expect from the brainless mongols of this cesspit of a game.
Yuno is Bae <3
my signature was too large

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 10:36:20 am »
I too want to know where the 33% chance to one shot severely damage a tank came from!
Universally builds all have strengths and weaknesses, so snipers are not the best builds, but equally they are essential in pvp.

Anyhow, http://www.businessinsider.com/736-of-all-statistics-are-made-up-2010-2?IR=T  :facepalm :D
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »
I think he means if you use his sniper build you have a 33% chance to get off one shot on a tank before you die lol

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
I think he means if you use his sniper build you have a 33% chance to get off one shot on a tank before you die lol

+1

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 05:40:18 am »
>2016
>using homosexuality lowkey as an insult
Nice lowbrow humor. What do I expect from the brainless mongols of this cesspit of a game.

fag  ;D

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016