April 20, 2024, 08:44:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: ReloaDEAD Census  (Read 2599 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
ReloaDEAD Census
« on: May 05, 2016, 11:23:42 pm »
At any given time there are between 70-100 people on Reloaded.

As a player hunter this is what I have observed  over a typical hour

If you go to hub you will see 5-10.   
If you travel WM and hunt, you will see 1- 3 an hour patrolling common area
If you check bartering areas/towns you will see 1-5
if you check mines you will see 2-5
If TC's ongoing you will see approx. 10-20.  With no tc you will see 0.
Reno you will see 0 - 5
WH you will see 0 -5
Glow you will see 0 - 2
V15 - 0 - 2
Ares (Typically only see players on weekends)
Crafting areas like Tobacco farm etc  0-1
Caravans 2-5

Even assuming a maximum appearance in all those locations - that = 30-50 ish even with TC active, which still leaves a considerable gap.   WHERE ARE ALL THOSE OTHER PLAYERS?

I propose when the next admin has time that as a community we do some data mining to find out what people are REALLY doing in reloaded, and how better we can grow the number of people doing those things, or get those things to overlap for more interaction.

ReloaDEAD Census!!
Admin Logs in.  And teleports player to player to player - for 100 players, to make a quick note of they are doing, to get a REAL idea of where players are at and what they are up to.  I would happily tag along for census to do any/all data input.  it would not take more than an hour.

I believe if we had this information we could see if truly 80 -100 players really are active, or if they are alts or bots or Whatever the F.  Where they are, and what kinds of things the "core" of reloaded is really up to.  AS OPPOSED TO SPECULATION - which is what we have always done and is getting us  nowhere!

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: ReloaDEAD Census
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:15:35 am »
WHERE ARE ALL THOSE OTHER PLAYERS?
Bases, tents, wasteland, caves and that sort of stuff. Barely anyone bothers to visit unguarded cities.

Although screen below is from previous session on FOnline2 and shows only part of whole list, it should give you the rough idea how does it look like.

You may also be interested in looking at those numbers.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 12:45:45 am »
And how many khans are in WM "Patroling" 10? so you have 60 count few more ppl on wm not in encos and you have 70-80 that leaves 20 ppl in tents bases private mines. there you go 100 players. Problem solved

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 01:39:36 am »
Worlmap is too big for the players count. FOnline2 worldmap is re-designed and has bigger sectors so distances between cities seem and are in general smaller. Makes it easier to meet another player somewhere, although not that easy with approximately 100 players or even below. But we have already a thread about attracting players blah blah blah. FOnline idea needs a massive overhaul to change something permanently, not tumbleweeding from one wipe-hype to another.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:04:32 am »
Just wait for wipe.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 05:49:48 am »
Just wait for wipe.

That's what I'm doing patiently my dear. :)
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 01:48:07 pm »
If people didnt shoot on sight there would be more players encounters and interactions. Typical fonline player avoids "dangerous places" when can meet hostile and more experienced player/s ::)
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:30:21 pm »
Great comments guys.

Really liked your image Wichura!  Awesome tool.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »
All hail to Wesan, he's the one who made that tool.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 07:00:52 pm »
I like to imagine a FOnline where people's decision to play isn't based on time until wipe, or the player count visible on the status.

:D

I vote to just be rid of the visible player count, but I also like the idea of collecting data on player activities. It might be interesting to analyze.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:22:36 pm »
I like to imagine a FOnline where people's decision to play isn't based on time until wipe, or the player count visible on the status.
That's an issue for minority of players, mostly those brave forum warriors, offending the God almighty with their miserable existence and broken English. Waaah waaah no enumis no l00t fix tc nao omg ded gaem!!11!
Majority doesn't give a flying fuck about counters, statistics, don't participate in forum discussions and so on, they just play. There might be less and less of them if they don't have much to do, but we've been clearly told to sit and wait bracing ourselves, as something is coming.