April 23, 2024, 01:23:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Weekly Charge #3  (Read 4132 times)

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
The Weekly Charge #3
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:15:54 am »
The Weekly Charge
Delivering a jolt, every Sunday

Issue #3
Week of 17 April 2016
Editor: Lash
Contributors: Michael Kenley, Twig

The Electron Podcast kicks off this Friday- check back then for a link!

We're also accepting submissions for serialized stories and comics. Send your best. :)

Community News
Hey, what's going on?

WHAT A CROAKER: UV BREAKS ANTI-KHAN ALLIANCE
Late night on Monday April 11, the Khans got a rude wake-up call from the Outta Gum Gang. The Khans got their asses kicked by yr editor and a  motley team of SW, OGG, and CCM representatives - or were getting their asses kicked until the UV showed up.

The battle against Khans raged on until an SW repeatedly PKed Ribbit. Triggered, the UV commander ordered his men to open fire on the OGG while the SW in question suicided and logged off. Despite complex negotiations, the coalition was not able to get the UV to honor their ceasefire agreement.

Yr editor was banned from the UV teamspeak early in the conflict and was thus unable to ensure that all parties negotiated in good faith. We of the Neutron Defenders and those of us at The Weekly Charge hope that UV can touch base and clarify the misunderstanding.

TKs Take bacK Sayonara
After much ado about nothing, TKs-PlasmaBeamGtr aka Khan President Gargantua has announced that The Khans are returning to Reloaded. Down to only 7 members, they have turned to an aggressive recruitment strategy involving shotguns and scrubs.

According to numerous reports, The Khan incursion into FO2 did not go well. At all. For TKs that is. A combination of Reloaded builds, inexperience, and arrogance quickly got their asses kicked.

Bye Bye, Butcher
The Flying Butcher announced his resignation and retirement from the game to The Coalition forces early this morning. "I've drawn too much attention to this faction and am tired of the game. I'll be back eventually."

"His bluesuit will be missed." said TKs-Necrosis to yr editor when asked for comment. "Can we mount it on a pike?"

"If only we knew who he was." new khanscript Moloch - formerly of Peacekeepers added.  "Was fun."

Neighbourhood Rumors:
Total lies? Or the awful truth?

QUEER MAN, The Morowy, & Agent 37 rushed into Junktown Quarry and murdered everybody in there. Our sources say they were rambling on about 'deadly touch tabin' and 'electric shock flashlights'.

STALKER aka Yuno-Gasai was banned from the forums for sending unsolicited pictures to Kilgore. #UnblockTheSTALK

Peacekeepers are experiencing a breakup after pitching Axton out. Zekromo aka Moloch has joined The Khans. Moloch was last seen extracting his foot from a bear trap in Boneyard, where he was hunting alts like a scrub.

Does enjoying anal stimulation from penises make you gay? A certain Khan Bandit doesn't think so. Ribbit disagreed.

Lost and found:

Found: Mantis' Unique LSW. Taken off his bullet ridden corpse in Reno.

Lost: TYRANNOSAURUS's Brotherhood Armor - lost to Enclave.

The Wasteland Travel Guide
Hitchin' it across the wastes

Every week, we'll be posting mini-guides to Caravanning. Up this week is yr editor's personal favorite, the Gun Runners. Very easy, very simple... Very lucrative.

----------------------------------
Gun Runners [Easy-Medium]
==================================

The Gun Runners is the most dependable route for power-levelling. Travel light - an M60 and basic metal armor will be enough. The rewards will bolster your bank account and there's a ton of guns to scrap.

Hub-Fortress Route [Easy-Medium]
--------------
Pay: 1200 Caps
EXP: ~7000 EXP for completing

NCR-Hub Route [Medium]
--------------
Pay: 1900 Caps
EXP: ~11000

Encounters:
Spoiler: show

-----------------------

Bandits [Easy]
-----------------
Very doable with even a pistol. They're ~130 HP.

Drops:
Spear, 9mm Pistol, Leather Armor, Leather Helmet

Rebelliants [Med]
-----------------
Depending on RNG's mood, you could be facing as few as three or as many as ten Rebelliants. These guys focus on using pistols, including grenade pistols. LSWs cut them down easy, but at lower levels, you may not survive very many unlucky hits.

Drops:
Metal Armor MKII, Metal Mask MKII, Grenade Pistol, 40mm Grenades, Shotgun, 12 Gauge Flanchette ammo, Stimpak

Mad Warriors [Med]
------------------
Mad Warriors rely on melee and swarming. They have a high chance of knocking down and knocking weapon out of your hands. Their lack of armor makes them easy to kill.

Drops:
Power Fist, Waza Blade, Stimpak, Spear

Caps per kill:
~50-125

Melchoir [Med]
-----------------
Melchoir spawns with a centaur, a deathclaw, and a floater. These buggers have 2x the normal HP. Melchoir himself has a decent crit chance - stay behind guards to avoid getting shot. Your mates are dumb, so hex the centaurs when nearby

Drops:
Energy Rifle, Power Cell

Geckos [Easy]
-----------------
Don't bother wasting ammo. Sit back and enjoy the swift carnage.

Dogs [Easy]
-----------------
Yes, occasionally dogs appear. Let them die.

Radscorpions and Rats [Easy]
-----------------
So easy you can beat them unarmed, blind, and crippled. Don't bother wasting ammo

Centaurs and Floaters [Easy]
-----------------
You have an LSW. Simple move around when they get close. Burst them at med-long range - two bursts should kill them.

Drops:
None

Endless Walkers [Med]
-------------------
These guys come in two types: White Walkers and Spear Throwers. The Spear Throwers have ~240 HP and have a habit of blinding or crippling. The Walkers all have a habit of healing to full health at the most inconvient times. Focus on spear guys, hex the whiteys.

Hub Police [Med-Hard][Neutral]
-------------------
Don't bother fighting them. These guys use m60s and LSWs, have CA, and you get negative rep for killing them.

NCR Army [Hard][Neutral]
-------------------
They come in numbers between 3 and 12, wear combat armor mk II, and generally use LSWs. Don't bother them. Stay away from them, don't loot their kills, and don't shoot in their direction.

Merchant [Easy]
-------------------
A single merchant traveling with 2-3 guards. Easy enough to kill if needed. Go empty-handed to trade with him.

Life & Entertainment

Send in your best!
We want to include your comics, stories, and jokes. Send them to yr editor, Lash. This helps prevent delays and more importantly helps spread the word. Have you heard the word?

Crossword

ACROSS

1    You get these from the Tobacco Farm    
     5    "Old Warehouse"    
     6    Secondary Characters    
     8    To be filled with anger    
     10    These three letters were once the most feared faction    
     11    Quake speak for kill    
     13    This publishing delay is some...    
     16    Hardest dungeon in the game    
     17    A spice or seasoning    
     18    We pray for this. Soon.    
     19    Set up a Death Battle stadium and forced players to play    
     21    5mm SG    
     22    easiest town to take, hardest to keep    

DOWN

2    Khan Leader OTP    
     3    Required to craft superstims    
     4    This guy made a great UI. Different guy by this name is a UV admin.    
     7    Flares can be earned at this city's respawn area    
     9    "So... You're _"    
     12    This film spawned the line "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass"    
     13    Name for the furry plains-based bovine    
     14    Left Peace Keepers for TKs    
     15    The price is right. It's...    
     17    A retired SW    
     20    Kicked from Peace Keepers    
     23    Plastic Explosive
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:39:39 am by lash »

QUEER MAN

• View Profile
Re: The Weekly Charge #3
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 01:23:23 am »
francis e dec is one hell of a drug man

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 01:24:12 am »
Peacekeepers are experiencing a breakup after pitching Axton out. Zekromo aka Moloch has joined The Khans. Moloch was last seen extracting his foot from a bear trap in Boneyard, where he was hunting alts like a scrub.

Let me dig into that a little bit. Hunting alts like a scrub? I think you mean hunting scrubs with an alt

Now if you excuse me, I have mapping business to do.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:26:35 am by zekromo »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Einherjar

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:24:42 am »

We'll miss you, Butchy

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:25:56 am »
We never went to FO2, we did play alot of CROSSOUT beta though.

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 02:05:17 am »
Old saying is "Hit the Table and scissors will respond" You pushed the Khan button Man :D. It is entertaining af to solve them crosswords, I will get to it tomorrow.

P.S.
No layout is a best layout and you proved it. Keep good work Lad.

P.S.2

Moloch i saw you running like a bitch today from me living you bud to certain death. Not cool man... not cool.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 02:40:32 am »
I am not going to engage with forum PvP because it is something I do not do. Awg I am not going to decline that statement on the simple premise that it is better to live than die at the hands of a 307 hp imp tank during TB combat.

Lash I want to say that your newspaper articles are very interesting and are awesome to read! I do hope you continue writing more and don't stop doing what you do. :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:49:12 am by zekromo »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 03:43:11 am »
It's not cool for me to write news about myself, but I did pull off something cool. Check out that screenshot!

Very proud of Moloch - he's managed to kill a bluesuit in boneyard. Give the man a medal! (Kidding, partially - he's pretty mean to play against in Hinkley).  Khangratulations on presumably making your ten kills, hope to see you accomplish more notable feats so I have something to report. Or you can always khantribute some article or bits.

Happy to announce we'll be kicking off the first episode of the podcast with a bang with a very special (and familiar!) voice. Mantis is launching his very own talk show in the next few weeks, so you'll want to keep your eyes opened for that as well.

The Electron is an informal talk, news, and gameshow podcast all rolled into one and it'll be posted at the end of this week. Drop me a line if you're interested in appearing in future episodes or contributing highlight reels for the video edition. (Oh, and send your screenshots - we promise to check them all out and we'll discuss six on each podcast)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »
I thought caravan exp scaled to your level ???

Anyways, it's entertaining to see this paper. It's almost like the National Enquirer.

Einherjar

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:37 pm »
I thought caravan exp scaled to your level ???

Anyways, it's entertaining to see this paper. It's almost like the National Enquirer.

I was thinking more along the lines of this equally reputable news source

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »
I figured I'd have a go at the crossword. Using paint to edit and prnt.sc to upload.

EDIT: Realize I'd duffed up the crossword in  Issue #2 and made it unsolvable. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:22:40 am by lash »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »
Hey Lash /
Raped one of your bases last night.  Make sure you write about that in next weeks charge!

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 06:30:23 pm »
Caravans doesn't give same exp for every char, higher level higher exp bonus cause it depends on %of your exp
GUN FOR HIRE