March 29, 2024, 11:02:19 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 01/04/2016  (Read 44355 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 01/04/2016
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »
Yep, the "April Fools update" will be reverted tonight.  It's been a week of testing this experiment and for now it's enough.

The results were not very surprising to me, I discussed it with few players in the past (thanks Seki and others) and conclusions were pretty close to what happened. More PvP and more action because less risk involved, but with less risk/reward involved the gameplay loses some thrill, especially that with no drop, the game loses some depth and this would need to be covered with more types of activity, as much in PvE as in PvP.

The next thing is that dying needs to have a penalty that hurts more or less. With full loot enabled, dying hurts experienced players not much (because they have more resources and know how to get new ones easily), but it's extremely harsh for newbs and casual, that's why they don't try some parts of the game at all or just ragequit. We have some ideas how to change it and we will try it in next season, where we can introduce large changes in other areas as well.

The problem with FOnline in general is that it's a full loot game for hardcore players. Players come and go, many ragequit very fast and it's extremely visible from perspective of any admin. Since Reloaded started, we've been trying to make the game easier for casuals and newbs and this game is much more newcomer-friendly than FOnline: 2238 ever was. We'll still follow this path.

Thanks for opinions and for participating in this (involuntary) test  ;)

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2016, 07:38:08 pm »
whew, thank god it's finally over

now let's wait for khans to comeback and say "wE'RE BACK DEM BITCHES"

Rage 👑

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2016, 07:45:06 pm »

Don't hold your breath. Some Khans may play Reloaded every now and then, but we're officially done with Reloaded, at least until wipe.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »
Yep, the "April Fools update" will be reverted tonight.  It's been a week of testing this experiment and for now it's enough.

The results were not very surprising to me, I discussed it with few players in the past (thanks Seki and others) and conclusions were pretty close to what happened. More PvP and more action because less risk involved, but with less risk/reward involved the gameplay loses some thrill, especially that with no drop, the game loses some depth and this would need to be covered with more types of activity, as much in PvE as in PvP.

The next thing is that dying needs to have a penalty that hurts more or less. With full loot enabled, dying hurts experienced players not much (because they have more resources and know how to get new ones easily), but it's extremely harsh for newbs and casual, that's why they don't try some parts of the game at all or just ragequit. We have some ideas how to change it and we will try it in next season, where we can introduce large changes in other areas as well.

The problem with FOnline in general is that it's a full loot game for hardcore players. Players come and go, many ragequit very fast and it's extremely visible from perspective of any admin. Since Reloaded started, we've been trying to make the game easier for casuals and newbs and this game is much more newcomer-friendly than FOnline: 2238 ever was. We'll still follow this path.

Well it is a shame I was more busy than I'd like to test this. Nevertheless I had a blast when I was able to play with this feature. Experiment was nice IMO.
I am thinking that maybe exp for player kills, and way higher deterioration of gear when dying could work as a cause to push it further in to expectation of more hardcore pvp players.
Still Many players will be pleased it is over now and everything will get back to "normal"
Keep up the good work that we all appreciate.

Hail to the big K!
Peace

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2016, 07:59:52 pm »

Well said.

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
    • TKs-Mantis YouTube Channel
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »
Hey guys, the video is not trying to scare people away from Reloaded. I LOVE RELOADED! I want hundreds of people to play so that we have a fun, engaging wasteland. That is why I have 30+ tutorials on Reloaded on my channel. 98% of my 200 uploaded videos are Reloaded related. I get my thoughts across best in videos, so when I have something to say, I use videos to say it. Please don't take my vid as a ploy to scare players away, not my intention. I just wanted to call attention to what I was hearing from my peers. We have a huge clan, and our huge clan talks to other huge clans, and we all agreed that it was something we didn't like. So I took mental note of the complaints I heard and expressed them the best I could on video.

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »

Don't hold your breath. Some Khans may play Reloaded every now and then, but we're officially done with Reloaded, at least until wipe.

the amount of fucks i give are at the same number with khans won a fair fight

Rage 👑

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »

the amount of fucks i give are at the same number with khans won a fair fight

Then that's a pretty fair number of fucks, m8y boi.

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
    • TKs-Mantis YouTube Channel
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2016, 03:29:54 am »
I will be playing Reloaded until the server or I die. Just the way it goes.