April 25, 2024, 10:20:24 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

How do you like the current progress ? (Comment why you chose that option)

Very positive
14 (45.2%)
Positive
11 (35.5%)
Neutral
3 (9.7%)
Negative
1 (3.2%)
Very negative
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Topic: Hanging Hills (4 Stage Dungeon) "Planning, Teasers and Ideas"  (Read 21584 times)

NexusWulf

• Try something new, it might be your new META.
    • View Profile
Re: Hanging Hills (4 Stage Dungeon) "Planning, Teasers and Ideas"
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
you should just make a complete map and let devs do the rest if they're interested in it. I don't think you should put any NPCs in it

Thanks for the reply

Sure thing but i would actually like to hear this from one of the devs personally, cause if they dont know how much and where to place the npcs it could just ruin the whole concept of the map i was working on.

Mapping isnt just putting tiles and objects together and smacking some npc's and weapons in it.

alot of thought is going through my head when i place assets on a map i am working on.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:12:44 pm by NexusWulf »
Welp im here now, too late to run away.

Make content, not complaints. -zekromo👑

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:40 pm »
TIPs:

1. Put updates in 1st post
2. Surface looks more then strange.
3. You can make a screenshot and put "npc" in paint with descriptions.
4. Read Kilgore mapper tutorial.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »
Status Update 0.5 Stage 02 (Check first page and there the first post)

Today i have populated a part of Stage 02 with some npc's which will be hostile towards you (like everything in this dungeon.)

Check First Post for a Picture.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:48 pm »
Soo... Are you going to continue? :D
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »
Critic on current cave progress - I'm sorry man, but the inside of the cave looks pretty rough. The randomly placed shit is just a huge turn off. It looks cluttered and not thought out. Maybe if this was a make-shift bomb shelter for multiple families it would make more sense. But this is just a bad-guy cave, right?

On a positive note, the outside looks much better than before. Don't give up on it! Check out THIS if you need motivation!

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2016, 09:20:06 am »
Critic on current cave progress - I'm sorry man, but the inside of the cave looks pretty rough. The randomly placed shit is just a huge turn off. It looks cluttered and not thought out. Maybe if this was a make-shift bomb shelter for multiple families it would make more sense. But this is just a bad-guy cave, right?

On a positive note, the outside looks much better than before. Don't give up on it! Check out THIS if you need motivation!

Certainly it is but still you gotta think about it what if certain bad guys are housing there for quite a while ? they need to sleep somewhere atleast, and that that we are talking about raiders / bandits after all you can imagine they are not going to put everything neatly together haha.

but thanks for the link and suggestion, the progress is sadly quite slow atm still working on Stage 03 now to figure out how to make this kind of scenario work (limit in assets). But overall it is steady new progress will be posted soon so stay tuned :D

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 01:11:10 am »
Status update 0.7 Stage 02

So i have started to populate the Stage02 and got myself finally a nice idea for Stage03 that actually works so stay tuned something new will come out soon for Stage03  8)

For now it is the same pic as in Status update 0.5 02 but ! this time with some Population.

Check Page 1 for the image.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2016, 07:59:44 pm »
Cheeky FU***NG breeky,

so guys hello ... i am back from the dead, so yeah that means there will be finally new content in the FUTURE ... so yeh i had real life stuff and shiznits but i am back soooooooooo.....

kthxbai

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:30 pm »

Update Stage02 V085

This time around i have started to work at the end of this stage, mainly there will be Raiders/Mercenaries and also Ghouls.

Any suggestions how those 2 factions would interact with eachother ?

Post it below :D

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:24:07 pm by NexusWulf »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2016, 04:59:18 pm »
Ghouls as slaves  or workes for those Raiders/Mercenaries to do jobs in highly radiated areas.

Or raiders/mercenaries as guns for hire for those ghouls, prewar citizens who knew where was hidden lot of cash, gear, medicine, etc. Now they use their knowledge to obtain those things in large numbers to hire bandits, the only way to stay alive in harsh wasteland on your own when you are not best marksman.

Or they were rich faggots, who didnt get in time in Vaults, now they pay skilled scums to became their bodyguards.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:03:24 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:18 am »
Ghouls as slaves  or workes for those Raiders/Mercenaries to do jobs in highly radiated areas.

Or raiders/mercenaries as guns for hire for those ghouls, prewar citizens who knew where was hidden lot of cash, gear, medicine, etc. Now they use their knowledge to obtain those things in large numbers to hire bandits, the only way to stay alive in harsh wasteland on your own when you are not best marksman.

Or they were rich faggots, who didnt get in time in Vaults, now they pay skilled scums to became their bodyguards.

I like the Slave idea, how about a lil revolution and you are caught in the middle of it, fighting between 2 fronts having double the times of enemies ;) i mean people complain that they want a challenge i think this could fit it very well.

Also a shoutout to everyone: i need suggestions as in i wanna hide Holodiscs that tell stories about this whole Dungeon, so it is more alive and not just some derpy lame dungeon with no lore.

If you have ideas for lore just PM me if you wanna help out :)

think of a character, along with what the character should say, help me create a nice lively atmosphere with those holodiscs.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:35:21 am by NexusWulf »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:10 am »
Idea of fight between two factions would be nice, but I'm afraid many of us will exploit it to wait until they will kill each other and than shoot those with low health :D
GUN FOR HIRE

NexusWulf

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37:16 am »
Idea of fight between two factions would be nice, but I'm afraid many of us will exploit it to wait until they will kill each other and than shoot those with low health :D

That is one of the strategies, but you wont get XP if you wait it out. So it is a risk/reward thing, in the end it is up to you what to do, i mean if you go through this dungeon alone you should consider waiting until the enemies have slain each other :P and i say it is not exploiting i say it is a wise choice tactical wise. Aswell if you are a sneak char you just slip through those fronts and bugger off into the next area ^^

No one said you have to fight everything you encounter ;)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 10:41:02 am »
That would be something new as hell, more diversity and letting do dungeon to players who doesn't use burster/tanks. Great idea man.

Spoiler: show
(Well, you can wait until they health drop around 50-75 and burst :D)
GUN FOR HIRE