March 28, 2024, 04:11:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: (New Quest) Kill the Ranger Outcast  (Read 3101 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
(New Quest) Kill the Ranger Outcast
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:46:13 am »
So basically a new quest that's WIP by me :D (with reloaded SDK 2). It's very similar to to the NCR rail gang but this one will be way more tougher and might require a group to accomplish.

summary : A ranger has been caught helping slavers in their dark, disgusting, slave trade near the Den. He now has a bounty on his head for breaking his ranger oath and going Rouge. He has last been sighted in the mountains west of NCR and has slaves and slavers defending him. A new ranger NPC will be placed in the barracks where the workbench is. To get this quest there is a level requirement of 21, anything below 21 you will be told to "Fuck off scrub" When you're 21, you'll be able to talk to him and he says you look tough enough. He'll explain about the ranger and you'll be sent to kill him.

A new map is also WIP similar to the size of NCR  or a little bit smaller. It's a mountain map so there will also be a cave that's filled with creatures and dank loot. NPCs will be slaves, slavers, mercenaries, and then the ranger. However there are some fixed NPCs that won't move and snipe. Also I'm tweaking map so player can't just lure NPCs and hex all of them.

To complete the quest, you have to take the ranger dog tags FROM THE DEAD OUTCAST and present them to the new ranger guy and quest completed. Player gains karma, experience, NCR and Ranger Reputation, and a choice of 2 Full sets of Ranger armor and some guns, or 100k caps and some guns (quest is tough xD)

Everything still WIP but production is slowed down since I started college again. When it's finished, I'll make a video of it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:59:23 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Re: (New Quest) Kill the Ranger Outcast
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:20:28 am »
Is quest repeatable?

Can I just turn in random NCR dog tags?

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:35:26 pm »
I have some suggestion can you make a new items like broken ncr ranger dogtags cos they are outcasts and you shouldnt be able bring random dogtags
And 100k can make this quest an easy way to fast farming caps for experienced teams
Thats all what can be downsides of this quest rest sounds awesome
I apreciate ur work

Praise the sun!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 09:13:08 pm »
I have no idea why people are thinking they can turn in any dog tags. They're gonna be the ones from the rouge ranger.

And 100k can make this quest an easy way to fast farming caps for experienced teams
Yeah I can already see people quad logging if this quest is implemented. If kilgore does, he can change the rewards or things he wants.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:12 pm »
Is there a way to make this quest semi-private?

Like if you are doing the quest everybody that takes the quest at the same time sees the same map?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:44:22 pm »
Is there a way to make this quest semi-private?

Like if you are doing the quest everybody that takes the quest at the same time sees the same map?
It's gonna be a pop up location like NCR rail gang. When quest starts, you will see the location.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:13 am »
is the ranger going to give some big speech about NCR's failings?

can we have an alternate ending where we choose to side with the rogue ranger and fight a ncr army?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »

can we have an alternate ending where we choose to side with the rogue ranger and fight a ncr army?

No

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 06:38:26 pm »

I like this.  Make it part of the RAIDER quest line; to back up the ranger!  COuld be used to make an interesting PVP angle.

Kind of like Caravans, vs Caravan Raiders.  you join a group, and at X time the two collide.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 05:24:56 am »
0/ a big battleground kid of map with some objectives
1/ daily or bidaily(so all the timezones can do it comfortably)
2/ +rep with all raiders/slavers/mobsters or ncr/hub etc if you win
3/ min lvl 24
4/ only people who did the quest can enter.quest will be a simulation of this, but with just npcs vs npcs.
5/ you can only enter the map from 2 places which are heavily guarded. one gate for each side(visible in town view)
6/ it would be a nice way for solo players to experience a big 30 v 30 fight w/o having to commit to a faction

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 06:07:01 am »
0/ a big battleground kid of map with some objectives
1/ daily or bidaily(so all the timezones can do it comfortably)
2/ +rep with all raiders/slavers/mobsters or ncr/hub etc if you win
3/ min lvl 24
4/ only people who did the quest can enter.quest will be a simulation of this, but with just npcs vs npcs.
5/ you can only enter the map from 2 places which are heavily guarded. one gate for each side(visible in town view)
6/ it would be a nice way for solo players to experience a big 30 v 30 fight w/o having to commit to a faction

Here you go. Since you're so imaginative, go make it yourself. And stop posting irrelevant things here.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 06:31:31 am »
you poor creature